Feeds

back to article iPhone 'photo lawyer' app to take the stand

Register Hardware has seen some bizarre iPhone applications in the past, but this one may take the cake? We’ve come across one that, the developer claims, puts a lawyer in your iPhone. Shoot_and_proof Shoot & Proof turns your iPhone into a legal eagle. Allegedly. Shoot & Proof, developed by French firm Codasystems, works with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Coat

Er?

Time stamp? Location? So just like the meta data that the iPhone already records against every image then. Sweet, I'll take two!

Actually, not a bad idea!

I think that's a pretty good idea for an app, especially when some obviously guilty scrote gets away with something because of lack of evidence.

My girlfriend, who currently lives and works in the US, got 'fender bendered' a couple of weeks after she arrived there. The guy that ran into her refused to give details and drove off

Anonymous Coward

Or...

...just take a photo, and email it to yourself at a public webmail service.

True, you could modify the timestamp, and other EXIF image on the photo itself, but unless you have the capability to modify timestamps on Yahoo's email servers, it should be reasonably irrefutable that the photo was taken no later than the time on the email.

Flame

more...

Bogus 'evidence' to be used against people putting innocent people in just a fallible as DNA.

One fatal flaw...

What's to stop someone holding a high res pre-photoshoped photo in front of the iPhone in roughly the right location and snapping that?

@Kerberos

Aye... or just finding out the URL from the interwebs and uploading a pic with fictional meta-data...?

Stop

Re: Fatal flaw

@Kerberos

....And we have a winner!!

That's messed that one up then! lol

Anonymous Coward

more pics, more settlements

Wow, a new app for sue happy people! I see lawyers making too much money on trivial lawsuits.

This topic is closed for new posts.