French server maker Bull might be the prime contractor on the 200 teraflops Juropa2 massively parallel supercomputer installed at the government-sponsored Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ), but beleaguered server maker Sun Microsystems wants everyone to know that the box that was turned on last Friday is comprised of its InfiniBand …
Can it warp space-time?
Or do I have to wait for the Large hadron collider to do that?
The real question is:
Can it play Crysis?
Pure and simply...
I find it odd that the article describes 200 TF Bull/Sun cluster but not the 1 Petaflop Blue Gene (Jugene) unveiled at Jülich on that same day. "Third largest German supercomputer center?" By what measure?
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad