Scientists are suggesting 2009 may prove a bumper year for northern hemisphere noctilucent clouds - high-altitude pre-dawn and post-sunset features illuminated by the Sun from below the horizon. According to New Scientist, skywatchers last week snapped the first examples of the clouds, although NASA's Aeronomy of Ice in the …
watch the skies
saw some wondeful cloud patterns as the sun went down over the irish sea from liverpool pierhead last night, not sure they were noctilucent though
I blame the Scientologists!
It's obviously L Ron's mothership belching fumes into the upper atmosphere.
Oh yeah sure...
When the earth warms up, it cools down. Does anyone actually believe that?
Ubuntu's Karmic Koala's cloud in alpha testing.
I saw a noctilucent cloud in the late 80s, to the north at about 3 in the morning- it was a weird ethereal thing glowing white in an almost black sky. These days the only reason I'm up at 3 in the morning is if I need a wee so I don't bank on seeing one again. It's definitely a young person's game.
Smiley face to remind me of the late eighties.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE