Sun Microsystems and mobile partners are taking another stab at portability of Java applications as Apple, Google, and Research in Motion threaten to set de-facto standards. Together with France Telecom and Orange, Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Vodafone, Sun announced the Java Application Terminal Alignment Framework (JATAF …
"... - is larger than the market owned by the iPhone and Google's Android,..."
Does that count as "understatement of the year"?
Java! Another Acronym!
I have a vague memory of JATA standing for something else too.
"two companies are conspicuous by their absence: Google and Apple. And this time they are joined by RIM."
For apple thats no surprise as they can't screw you for developer fee's and license fee's etc...etc... if they put Java on their device. And as for RIM their Java implementation is one of the worst. It even makes Samsung's look "okay".
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait