Sun Microsystems and mobile partners are taking another stab at portability of Java applications as Apple, Google, and Research in Motion threaten to set de-facto standards. Together with France Telecom and Orange, Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Vodafone, Sun announced the Java Application Terminal Alignment Framework (JATAF …
"... - is larger than the market owned by the iPhone and Google's Android,..."
Does that count as "understatement of the year"?
Java! Another Acronym!
I have a vague memory of JATA standing for something else too.
"two companies are conspicuous by their absence: Google and Apple. And this time they are joined by RIM."
For apple thats no surprise as they can't screw you for developer fee's and license fee's etc...etc... if they put Java on their device. And as for RIM their Java implementation is one of the worst. It even makes Samsung's look "okay".
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning