Sun Microsystems and mobile partners are taking another stab at portability of Java applications as Apple, Google, and Research in Motion threaten to set de-facto standards. Together with France Telecom and Orange, Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Vodafone, Sun announced the Java Application Terminal Alignment Framework (JATAF …
"... - is larger than the market owned by the iPhone and Google's Android,..."
Does that count as "understatement of the year"?
Java! Another Acronym!
I have a vague memory of JATA standing for something else too.
"two companies are conspicuous by their absence: Google and Apple. And this time they are joined by RIM."
For apple thats no surprise as they can't screw you for developer fee's and license fee's etc...etc... if they put Java on their device. And as for RIM their Java implementation is one of the worst. It even makes Samsung's look "okay".
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base