The term Network Attached Storage or NAS seems rather simplistic and doesn’t really do justice to a device like Promise’s Smartstor NS4600, which comes with four drive bays and a heap of server abilities. Add to this its polished black shell, funky blue lights, built-in power adapter and exquisitely quiet fan, and you’ve got …
vs. the Acer easystore h340...whats the point?
Like the Drobo...this seems excessively overpriced compared to the Acer easystore h340 WHS, or the HP equivalent, the Acer at least of which comes with 1TB of storage out of the box, plus 2GB of DDR2 for significantly less.
Get yourself the immensely more customisable, versatile, and technically more advanced Cube Station (or if you want to go really crazy then then DS409+), and you won't be disappointed. The ajax web interface is awesome, and they keep adding features, even retrospectively. You can also pick about in the shell and install optware, making it basically a very low power, low cost fully-fledged server.
Faster Reads in RAID1
Of course reads are faster in RAID1. The RAID algorithm can pick either disk to read from, whilst simultaneously moving the heads on the other drive to the next piece of data.
Typos in the 'Schudule List' screen :)
Almost as fun as spotting the typos in the Curry House/Chinese restaurant menus -- one of the best ones I saw was 'Mixed Girl' -- think they meant Mixed Grill :)
please review a qnap box
say a 409 maybe..
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.