Feeds

back to article Intel reveals next-gen ultrathin chips

Declaring that in the notebook market "thin is in," Intel today announced a new ultra-low-voltage (ULV) processor, three new Core 2 Duo mobile processors, and a new low-power mobile chipset - and attempted a wee bit of benchmarking bait-and-switch regarding battery life. The announcements were made in conjunction with Intel's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Cheap

"...but it may take another platform generation before the "full PC experience" can be fully experienced for a full eight-hour day with a three-pound laptop."

Damn, I have £3 in my wallet. Guess I'll have to spend it on beer instead.

Anonymous Coward

Next generation? Why not now?

"...but it may take another platform generation before the "full PC experience" can be fully experienced for a full eight-hour day with a three-pound laptop."

Or this generation if you include Qualcomms SnapDragon powered 'books. They do look awesome...

Snap Dragons...

Those snap dragon machines are Netbooks, not Notebooks. Netbooks notably don't offer a "desktop like experience." Also the Snapdragons don't offer Windows, which is obviously part of Intel's criteria for desktops. Not that I'm not looking forward to such machines...

This topic is closed for new posts.