Dan Warmenhoven must have gnashed his teeth. Just when he was showing off his bright and shiny brand new Data Domain toy, up comes EMC and gazumps him, offering 20 percent more - and all cash at that! - to Data Domain shareholders. Ouch. Joining the NetApp CEO in grimacing would have been Quantum CEO Rick Belluzzo, whose company …
The Storage Industry
Who said it was dull, eh? Data Domain, with two offers, looks like they have a little bit of De-dupe, ( aar -aar ) to do!
They can use all 3 products in series then to de-dupe each other!
So they leave one DD ( aka Dave Donatelli) go to HP and turn around a buy a DD ( Data Domain) spooky....... Ok enough of the daft jokes, but at least it's easier on the brain that trying to figure out the why and the what next...
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes