Dan Warmenhoven must have gnashed his teeth. Just when he was showing off his bright and shiny brand new Data Domain toy, up comes EMC and gazumps him, offering 20 percent more - and all cash at that! - to Data Domain shareholders. Ouch. Joining the NetApp CEO in grimacing would have been Quantum CEO Rick Belluzzo, whose company …
The Storage Industry
Who said it was dull, eh? Data Domain, with two offers, looks like they have a little bit of De-dupe, ( aar -aar ) to do!
They can use all 3 products in series then to de-dupe each other!
So they leave one DD ( aka Dave Donatelli) go to HP and turn around a buy a DD ( Data Domain) spooky....... Ok enough of the daft jokes, but at least it's easier on the brain that trying to figure out the why and the what next...
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab