Space shuttle Atlantis is today at Biggs Army Air Field, El Paso, Texas, having hitched a ride yesterday atop a modified 747 from Edwards Air Force Base, California. NASA is closely eyeing the weather to see if the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft can make the final leg to Kennedy Space Center in Florida this afternoon. Atlantis atop …
A fine sight
That really is a pretty impressive sight. But is it just me or does the aeroplane look better than the shuttle? The space-plane looks so boxy and ugly, you'd think it was built by GM!
look's like a barnsley lass ( big ass)
Being lazy here,
but does anyone know of a good 3D virtualization of the ISS?
In a last ditch effort to speed up the replacement for the shuttle next year, NASA have now resorted to trying to breed a baby shuttle-plane hybrid.
Paris, because shes next to mate with a shuttle...
Re: Being lazy here
Yes you probably are, but any excuse for a bit of evangelisation .
Orbiter (orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/) has a lot of ISS stuff (www.orbithangar.com/search_quick.php?text=iss&submit.x=0&submit.y=0) but afaik it's all external views only. I do remember a program that provided a 3D virtual tour but given its 1990 style graphics it didn't make much of an impression on me and I've long forgotten its name. It was, however, free so look and no doubt ye shall find.
How to mount the orbiter...
Well known, of course, but..
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait