A former employee at a Texas power utility was arrested late last week over accusations he crippled its energy forecast system after launching a hacking attack. FBI agents made the arrest on Thursday after raiding the home of Dong Chul Shin, a former worker at Energy Future Holdings. EFH owns three Texas electricity generating …
... that nuclear power plants are using reliable software like MS Excel.
That doesn't freak me out. At all.
Where's the hack?
"Texas utility provides disgruntled ex-employee with remote access to sensitive nuclear plant computers and files."
Hours after the no-notice sacking, Dong's VPN access account (which was left active)
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great