A former employee at a Texas power utility was arrested late last week over accusations he crippled its energy forecast system after launching a hacking attack. FBI agents made the arrest on Thursday after raiding the home of Dong Chul Shin, a former worker at Energy Future Holdings. EFH owns three Texas electricity generating …
... that nuclear power plants are using reliable software like MS Excel.
That doesn't freak me out. At all.
Where's the hack?
"Texas utility provides disgruntled ex-employee with remote access to sensitive nuclear plant computers and files."
Hours after the no-notice sacking, Dong's VPN access account (which was left active)
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity