Quantum claims to have rendered tape obsolete in branch and remote offices with a new smaller deduplication and replication appliance. The DXi2500-D is a branch office implementation of Quantum's DXi technology. It deduplicates backup files at remote and branch offices before replicating them, in encrypted form, to a central …
'D' is for distributed.
Ah well, I'm told the hyphen D in DXi2500-d stands for distributed so building on the use of the Dell server to deduce a potential Dell product in the making is now not that wonderful an idea and a DXi2500-h for an HP product looks to be unlikely too.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE