Quantum claims to have rendered tape obsolete in branch and remote offices with a new smaller deduplication and replication appliance. The DXi2500-D is a branch office implementation of Quantum's DXi technology. It deduplicates backup files at remote and branch offices before replicating them, in encrypted form, to a central …
'D' is for distributed.
Ah well, I'm told the hyphen D in DXi2500-d stands for distributed so building on the use of the Dell server to deduce a potential Dell product in the making is now not that wonderful an idea and a DXi2500-h for an HP product looks to be unlikely too.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24