EMC is crashing NetApp's wedding to Data Domain with a trumping bid of $1.8 billion to purchase the company. Two weeks ago, NetApp proposed to acquire the dedupe specialist for $1.5 billion in cash and stock. EMC called its all-cash proposal today "superior" to NetApp's offer and said the deal provides Data Domain stockholders …
An interesting move for EMC
How does DD fit into their 'BURA' strategy.... It seems to go against everything they have been saying with Legato, Avamar, EDL, CDL etc etc....
I'm sure that will further confuse EMC customers about their data dedupe strategy...
What about the other storage company?
Where does this leave Quantum and their $100,000 life saving loan agreement with EMC as previously mentioned by El Reg ?
<-------EMC - Excellent Picture!
Looking for more (in the comparative sense) snarky coverage though.
EMC will purchase them and shelve their technology just to keep NetApp from getting it.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call