EMC is crashing NetApp's wedding to Data Domain with a trumping bid of $1.8 billion to purchase the company. Two weeks ago, NetApp proposed to acquire the dedupe specialist for $1.5 billion in cash and stock. EMC called its all-cash proposal today "superior" to NetApp's offer and said the deal provides Data Domain stockholders …
An interesting move for EMC
How does DD fit into their 'BURA' strategy.... It seems to go against everything they have been saying with Legato, Avamar, EDL, CDL etc etc....
I'm sure that will further confuse EMC customers about their data dedupe strategy...
What about the other storage company?
Where does this leave Quantum and their $100,000 life saving loan agreement with EMC as previously mentioned by El Reg ?
<-------EMC - Excellent Picture!
Looking for more (in the comparative sense) snarky coverage though.
EMC will purchase them and shelve their technology just to keep NetApp from getting it.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst