E Ink has been bought by the company that makes most of the displays based on its technology. Taiwan-based Prime View will buy E Ink for $215m. E Ink will use the funding to further its R&D efforts. It'll be demo'ing a prototype colour display this week at the Society for Information Display conference in San Antonio, Texas, …
I thought the problem with eink was the relatively slow response, which makes it fine for reading static text (ebook readers etc), but makes it less useful for things like laptop displays?
another problem being that if you get caught with paris on the screen, quickly hitting the power button won't help!
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan