E Ink has been bought by the company that makes most of the displays based on its technology. Taiwan-based Prime View will buy E Ink for $215m. E Ink will use the funding to further its R&D efforts. It'll be demo'ing a prototype colour display this week at the Society for Information Display conference in San Antonio, Texas, …
I thought the problem with eink was the relatively slow response, which makes it fine for reading static text (ebook readers etc), but makes it less useful for things like laptop displays?
another problem being that if you get caught with paris on the screen, quickly hitting the power button won't help!
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests