The next version of Microsoft's browser-based media player - and challenger to Adobe Systems' Flash - could be coming in just two months. Microsoft on Thursday announced what it calls a launch event for Silverlight 3, and it's set for July 10. The company has also promised version three of its Expression Studio content and …
Updates for something no-one uses
its a good week for microsofties, what with bing, windows fixes that themselves need fixing and now this old tripe
all that is left is .net version 4 to round off the week
Duz it come with a HTML5 tag?
Refer to Title
I wouldn't say no one uses it. Have you seen Photosynth and DeepZoomPix? http://photosynth.net/ and http://deepzoompix.com/ Both good implementations. I hope v3 enables some killer desktop apps, of TweetDeck ilk.
I have managed to stop Silvershite sullying my browsers, and long may that continue.
I might consider it when it becomes fully cross-platform (different browsers, different OSs); but HTML5 looks more interesting to me.
I couldn't give two beakers of fermented monkey piss. Assuming of course it doesn't break Flash in other people's browsers. Hope someone's already writing a blocker add-on for Firefox.
They'll be on Silverlight 35 before we know it. They really don't want moonlight catching up do they? Adobe, just open up Flash already!
The Flash file format is already open for anyone to read and re-implement.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't