Flash chip supplier Samsung and flash memory product supplier SanDisk have kissed and made up. They are renewing an existing cross-licensing agreement for another seven years from August 14th this year. An existing agreement terminates on that date. The renewed agreement includes rights to each supplier’s patents covering multi- …
I'd like to think....
...that people on both sides of the fence are looking at the (undoubtably large) legal bills run up in the no-score draw catfight and asking the pertinent question. To whit: "WTF was the point of all that?"
As far as I can make out, this was a fairly bog-standard negotiation over a license agreement renewal, spoiled by some lawyers spotting an opportunity to trouser hefty amounts of wonga in there.
...I wish I had their ability to sniff a wad of cash from nothing. At least the tag line made me laugh.
Another classic sub-head from the multiculturally literate sub-editor(s)
"What toy have you brought me today?"
"A fairly insignificant little planet, my lord."
"What's it called?"
"It's inhabitants call it... Earth."
Now all we need is choirs of falsettos amidst crashes of tube-amped guitars in a sea of orchestral strings and drums.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know