Feeds

back to article Doro PhoneEasy 345gsm

Swedish firm Doro's basic handsets for elderly or disabled users have been around since 2007. With the latest range of PhoneEasy handsets, the company raises the bar from its original sackcloth and ashes models in terms of build, style and functionality. Doro 345gsm Doro's PhoneEasy 345gsm Unlike its super-basic cousin, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Thumb Up

wow!

Finally, something to succeed old Nokias! I can imagine this being used not only by elderly, but also young children (payg, and I do not meen teens!) and anyone in need of better battery life compared to "smart phones".

Silver badge

Motorola had one too

Motorola once had one which had a large electric paper display and easy to use buttons. Additionally it's still small. My mother owns it and she's very impressed by it.

Unhappy

but what's needed is a Contract or PAYG offering...

A hundred and something is still a lot of money for a basic phone - but it could probably be thrown in as part of a cheap contract.

Come on, phone companies, you're missing a trick!

Bronze badge

bravo

finally somebody actually bothers with old/disabled peoples needs on a realistic level

How to work out if the person at the other end is an answer phone.

How about asking the Answer Phone to press 1 on the keypad? If 1 isn't heard at the other end within 30 seconds move on to the next number on the list.

Aged MD's rejoice...

...i can see many aged company employees who were forced to relinquish their Nokia 6310i's salivating at this.... though can you disable the emergency button as i could imagine that could cause a few issues!!!

Anonymous Coward

@Lionel Baden

That's because the company is Swedish. They tend to respect and care for their elders. Unlike other nations we know...

Silver badge

Nice phone...

...but £130? C'mon

Coat

Dont squint

The name of the phone might look like orgasm.

Thumb Up

T'other half

My other half might be interested in this one actually. She's been looking for a replacement for the old skool Nokia for a while and dislikes phones with games, cameras and whatnot. Foolish I say. I want a phone that can oder me pizza AND trigger global nuclear warfare at the same time as adding pix to my facebook account.

This topic is closed for new posts.