You could call it the Victor Kiam strategy. EMC liked systems management company Configuresoft so much it OEMed the products, and now its bought the the whole company. Configuresoft, founded in 1999, has established itself in a niche for systems configuration and compliance tools. Configuresoft last year inked an OEM agreement …
HP Software does not use Voyence
Since HP acquired Opsware in 2007 and used its products to create the BSA (Business Service Automation) part of the HP BTO (Business Technology Optimization) portfolio, HP has stopped reselling Voyence's product. The article seems to indicate that HP still uses this software, but all the customers who bought the Voyence solution through HP have been offerede upgrades to HP Network Automation (based on Opsware NAS), and most - if not all - have upgraded to this solution.
HP has already integrated the Opsware automation products closely into the existing BTO portfolio, and these products today allow customers to view all aspects of IT Management and Operations in a holistic manner.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad