As is true with most every tech company during the ongoing meltdown, Dell announced Thursday that its just-finished fiscal quarter saw shrinking revenues and income. Despite some ugly numbers, the company's chairman and CEO Michael Dell predicts better days ahead - although those days may not arrive for some time. During Dell's …
The bit about businesses upgrading to Windows 7 in the next year is pure BS. Businesses wait until an O/S is proven stable. That'll be 2011, not next year.
On the other hand, Dell have really reduced their cost base and are much "leaner"; however, if fewer staff mean they cock up (Dell Studio XPS anyone ?) then what remains of their damaged reputation will see them die.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth