Time Warner and AOL will divorce at the end of the year, just as soon as the internet unit buys its stock back from Google. AOL plans to do its online services and advertising gig solo, leaving Time Warner to focus on media and cable. But first, Time Warner said it needs to repurchase the 5 per cent stake in AOL currently owned …
You are supposed to amputate a limb when the flesh has died off and is succumbing to gangrene. But even with AOL gone we will still be in a Eternal September.
The only good thing AOL did...
was to suck Time-Warner down with it. Time-Warner's local (non-AOL) cable ISPs are so bad, it's pretty much making Dish Network's quarter, as people are moving en-masse.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins
- That GIANT ASTEROID that killed you? Just 'colossal bad luck', old DINOSAUR chap