As part of its preview of its "Nehalem EX" processor for high-end servers yesterday, Intel cushioned the blow in delaying this chip by showing how well its baby brother, the "Nehalem EP" chip for two-socket boxes, was doing in the market. Boyd Davis, general manager at Intel's Server Platforms Group marketing, said that customer …
Slowly but Surely IT's getting there* ...... for a Powerful Deeply Embedded Development.
"All point-to-point interconnects being equal (that would be HyperTransport versus QPI), I smell a price war with lots of skirmishes."
Roll on the first SMARTer Processor Architecture to Automatically recognise Programming across IT Cores which can Increase its Bang for Bucks and Deliver More for Less. A Default which is presently relegated to Programmers who would arbitrarily choose to choose sides just because they can and/or are well rewarded for their Fab Application Build Skills.
* Or IT Development Programmers are.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Do you STRUGGLE with EMAIL? You need ANOTHER INBOX, says Google