Cisco Systems has been talking about its Unified Computing System, code-named California, so much for months now that it is hard to remember sometimes this mega product is still not shipping. Turns out Cisco is its own first beta test customer, and the company's IT brass Wednesday was talking about its own plans for deployment …
Check out Xsigo's solution (http://www.xsigo.com) if you want virtual I/O that works on equipment other than Cisco. They are the real pioneers.
Yeah, not normalised
"Rather than rip and replace, Cisco already had Nexus 7000 switches - which have the converged Fibre Channel over Ethernet fabric - [snip]"
FCoE, which, small detail, is not yet normalised, and thus, being non trivially a lossless protocol (FC) mapped onto a loosing frames protocol + random retries (Ethernet), is surely going to go through a period of try and fail. After normalisation.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests