Cisco Systems has been talking about its Unified Computing System, code-named California, so much for months now that it is hard to remember sometimes this mega product is still not shipping. Turns out Cisco is its own first beta test customer, and the company's IT brass Wednesday was talking about its own plans for deployment …
Check out Xsigo's solution (http://www.xsigo.com) if you want virtual I/O that works on equipment other than Cisco. They are the real pioneers.
Yeah, not normalised
"Rather than rip and replace, Cisco already had Nexus 7000 switches - which have the converged Fibre Channel over Ethernet fabric - [snip]"
FCoE, which, small detail, is not yet normalised, and thus, being non trivially a lossless protocol (FC) mapped onto a loosing frames protocol + random retries (Ethernet), is surely going to go through a period of try and fail. After normalisation.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*