back to article Lad from Lagos bids $100 trillion for Madoff empire

Fans of the Lads from Lagos will be delighted to learn that one Ade O. Ogunjobi has made an audacious bid for the remains of Bernard L Madoff Investment Securities LLC - pitching no less than $100 trillion in stock or 400,000,000 shares in order to establish the world's biggest bank "to fight global poverty and now to address …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James
    Happy

Obviously ...

... a Jedi Master !

Of course he'd want to save the world.....

2. Gav
    Thumb Up

You may laugh

But isn't this pretty much what banks have being doing for the last ten years? Purchasing imaginary bonds of imaginary value in imaginary money.

If they can do it, why can't he?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Is this guy...

...a general, the president and the king of the sea?

Is he for real? I mean *he* thinks he is but I'm kind of surprised that the article didn't include comments from his team of shrinks...

4. Avalanche
    Joke

Nigeria? More like Zimbabwe

Sounds more like Zimbabwe to me, were 2,000,000,000.00 is probably the amount of money I wasted by typing this message.

Just my 2,000,000,000.00 Zimbabwe currency (whatever that is)...

5. NogginTheNog

Banker?

Sounds like he already has a sound grasp of modern international finance...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Got to agree with Gav

This kind of thinking is precisely what caused the current financial meltdown in the first place. The idea that you can buy companies with money that you don't even have is an accounting slight of hand. The accountants love it - it makes capital ratios and returns on investment look much better. But at the end of the day you don't actually own anything and after the slightest disturbance the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

7. Frank

@Gav re. You may laugh

You're right actually. According to what I read, there is not a shortage of money, there is a shortage of confidence and credit. This guy has to be given credit for his confidence!

All we need is lots of confidence, all financial deals to be done on a 100 year repayment plan and all will be well; for our lifetimes and our children's lifetimes. After 100 years, our grandchildren can start refinancing packages and so it will go on, a lifetime of luxury for everyone for ever!

8. Dave
    Pirate

Funny...but

These guys are starting to get too clever. It won't be long before the sites look professional and they get spell checkers.

9. Devin
    Alert

Isn't that $100 billion ???

"pitching no less than $100,000,000,000 in stock or 400,000,000 shares"

Might be my maths but there may be a few zeros missing or it's only a $100 Billion...

1 Million = 1,000,000

1 Billion = 1,000,000,000

1 Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let Me Help

I have a $100 trillion banknote hanging on my office wall. Including mounting and the frame it cost about £25. It is an enormous help to look at it before making investment decisions.

Nevertheless I would be willing to sell it to Mr Uglijubli for the low, low, price of £1,000, (ONE THOUSAND GBP), and so solve all his financial problems. CIF of course.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

They must think we are all as thick as.......

Gordon Brown . Doh, we realised it was a con. Gordon Brown though would probably pay it ,with taxpayers money ,because Lord Myner said it was ok, and then after paying it realise it was a big mistake. Sound familiar ??.

12. Fatman
    Flame

419er offers big $ for Madoff empire!

First reaction:

ROFLMAO - PIMP

OK, now that I have stopped laughing, I wonder what kind of currency is he planning to bring to the court?

Monopoly Money!?

What a f---tard

I plan to send this link to a bunch of friends for their amusement!!!!

13. Winkypop Silver badge
    Stop

Oh come on now...

...we all like a good 419 offer, but these guys are getting ridiculous!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Pipe dream

They must have some really good weed out there.............

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Creditable?

This guy seems a bit more creditable than Madoff and the wunch of bankers that got us unto the current mess.

Give it to him

16. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

It must be that guy from fonejacker

hellooooooo, I just neeed your sort code and bank account details, and I will transfer the monies myself!

This topic is closed for new posts.