Lenovo has launched itself into the netbook space with a 12.1in machine using Nvidia’s Ion graphics chipset, well, depending on where you live. Lenovo_S12_01 Lenovo's S12: Nvidia Ion will be a US-only option The firm’s new S12 machine – apparently its first 12in netbook - is based around Intel’s N270 Atom processor, but only …
"Simplifying" themselves out of the market then.
Not only does it have the known-to-be-rubbish Intel GMA chipset instead of the known-to-be-pretty-good nVidia one, but it is only slightly smaller, has worse performance and costs the same as a 'proper' laptop.
Netbooks are supposed to be small, cheap and have extremely long battery life. This is none of them, and is therefore a small-screened, expensive and low-performance laptop.
Shoot yourselves in the head next time - it'll be less messy.
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring