AT&T's handset plans for 2009 have been laid bare through a set of leaked slides revealed by Engadget, and include an Android slider as well as a second-generation Palm device. The Android handset is from HTC, but doesn't appear on the previously-leaked line up. Branded the HTC Lancaster, it's aimed at social networking and …
Good to see some quality devices coming to Android now.
I dunno. Probably something to do with knowing damned well that someone'll ship 50 iPhones for every one of these things they manage to push and they'd rather it was them.
Love it, hate it or ignore it, it's still the one the unwashed masses want and I don't think any of these offerings is going to change that. This would require something to show up with a "killer" feature (not in that lot, unless you're an OS fixated fanboi) *and* for either Apple to drop a right bollock with their next version or pigs to fly.
240x320? I'm all for Android phones, but that sort of screen is just so barely useable. Then again, it /is/ apparently aimed at the social networking 'crowd.'
The Palm product looks like the old-style Palm phone, not the Pre, and the $350 retail price seems almost double what it should be to compete. If that's how Palm's doing, the iPhone can pretty much laugh this one off.
The resolution of both units is disappointing. I was waiting for AT&T to concede and carry an Android device. Now I am considering changing providers.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't