Space shuttle Atlantis will land tomorrow following the second postponement of its homecoming due to bad weather. NASA explained that "the weather did not permit a Kennedy landing today". Capsule Communicator Greg Johnson elaborated: "There's a chance for a landing at Kennedy [space center] tomorrow, and we're going to keep that …
Yay! Megan McArthur!
That is one serious Zero G ready hair style. Nom Nom Nom.
.... what has happened to that woman's hair?
Lots of rain here!
It has been raining hard literally all week. Daytona Beach has had 20.06" inches of rain just this week. Lots of people have been flooded out and it's been declared a disaster area. Orlando International Airport has had 10.57" this week as well.
For budget reasons, they really want to land at KSC. They'll be able to land at Edwards no matter what, so it will be left until it's the absolutely last option.
Today there weren't any thunderstorms within the 30 mile radius, but there was lots of little storms just southeast, moving northwest, and they were worried that these could run up and cause problems between the deorbit burn and the actual landing.
And yes, it's that hard to tell what the Florida weather is going to do in 2-1/2 hours.
Mission Specialist Megan McArthur
Is it me, or has she stayed in a wind-tunnel too long, oh no wait, must have been one of those G-force chair thingies...
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?