Security software from McAfee wrongly identified the Spotify application as a virus, following a misfiring update published on Thursday. McAfee's nannyware repeatedly deleted the online music application, which it wrongly identified as IRCbot-Gen-Z, once the update was applied. Some users reported that they were able to get …
P2P crap like Spotify is a a complete security nightmare. It leaches bandwidth and opens all sorts of potential doors to hackers. McAfee was probably doing its users a favour with its pre-emptive strike.
Now, if McAfee can do the same for the bloody BBC iPlayer..
McFuckUp Strikes Again
We use McFuckUp and ePOhWhatAPieceOfShit at the very large company I work for, and we run a sweepstake for the number of days until their piece-of-crap software screws up something. I can't recall a time when we've ever gone 6 months without it having not worked as it's supposed to.
If only the management weren't so impressed by the pretty reports that are generated each day then maybe we'd be able to use something that's actually up to the job.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix