Yahoo! is offering developers a free online service that gives webpages a certain sense of place. Today, the company unveiled a beta service it calls Placemaker. You give it blog posts, news articles, and other collections of web words, and it gives you metadata identifying specific geographical locations mentioned in these …
Are you still here?
"Then we do what we call a geo-disambiguation to resolve those to a specific place."
Classic, what a great phrase, I must use that next time someone quotes a site code at me and expects me to know where they are talking about (I work for a global comms company so we have many sites in many locations around the world with site codes that mean nothing at first glance)
I will tell now be able to tell them "I'll just geo-disambiguate that site code so I now where you are talking about" :-)
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad