Yahoo! is offering developers a free online service that gives webpages a certain sense of place. Today, the company unveiled a beta service it calls Placemaker. You give it blog posts, news articles, and other collections of web words, and it gives you metadata identifying specific geographical locations mentioned in these …
Are you still here?
"Then we do what we call a geo-disambiguation to resolve those to a specific place."
Classic, what a great phrase, I must use that next time someone quotes a site code at me and expects me to know where they are talking about (I work for a global comms company so we have many sites in many locations around the world with site codes that mean nothing at first glance)
I will tell now be able to tell them "I'll just geo-disambiguate that site code so I now where you are talking about" :-)
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops