Yahoo! is offering developers a free online service that gives webpages a certain sense of place. Today, the company unveiled a beta service it calls Placemaker. You give it blog posts, news articles, and other collections of web words, and it gives you metadata identifying specific geographical locations mentioned in these …
Are you still here?
"Then we do what we call a geo-disambiguation to resolve those to a specific place."
Classic, what a great phrase, I must use that next time someone quotes a site code at me and expects me to know where they are talking about (I work for a global comms company so we have many sites in many locations around the world with site codes that mean nothing at first glance)
I will tell now be able to tell them "I'll just geo-disambiguate that site code so I now where you are talking about" :-)
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2