Announcing its intent to be king of the dedupe hill, NetApp is buying Data Domain for $1.5bn. The announcement overshadowed NetApp's fiscal 2009 earnings which beat Wall Street estimates. The IT world has been agog with rumours of a big takeover, Cisco and EMC being often mentioned, but Data Domain and NetApp was an unexpected …
Netapps bought a feature, not a product
for one point five billion bucks.
Cut off the head of the dope who made this decision, methinks...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS