It's been a good day for mainframe tape users. They can store data on cheaper open systems virtual tape libraries (VTLs) thanks to Bus-Tech's MDL-100V product, and Sun has simultaneously enhanced its mainframe VTL and tape products. Bus-Tech's Mainframe Data Library-100V connects by FICON or ESCON links to mainframe hosts and by …
Real (even Reel) Tape to VT
Chris Mellor: smart guy, and he only needs to change two vowells to have the perfect name :-)
That aside, great article as usual, Chris. If you run into anybody with loads of old tapes who wants to convert them to virtual for easier preservation and future access, please ask them to look at www.mullermedia.com. Thanks.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire