Feeds

back to article DDoS attack chokes Chinese net surfing

Millions of internet users in China had trouble accessing websites earlier this week after an attack on a domain registrar in that country touched off a network traffic jam. Internet service in at least five provinces was halted or severely slowed by a chain reaction that was touched off by a distributed denial-of-service attack …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

"Chicken models"?

Did Shanghai Daily attempt to translate something that sounds like "zombies"?

Maybe the ingenious Chinese know something about poultry power that we don't. :)

Flame

What I want to know now....

HOWS IT FEEL FUCKERS???!!

God I hope whoever did this keeps doing it. They deserve it.

Infrastructure

Hopefully Chinese internet will be getting a nice upgrade with all the new spend the government is undertaking.

I have an office in central China and even with a fibre directly into my office we have very slow speeds to Western websites (and our local telecom tells us that further upgrades to our fibre speed won't help at all in the speed that we can surf the foreign sites). This lead to our quite small website needing to put up a China-based mirror for the Chinese language version of our website so that looking through our website wouldn't be too slow.

China is laying down some new international lines which will hopefully speed things up - but I have the feeling the real increase will depend on whether spam traffic shoots up after the new lines go in.

Joke

The trouble with the Chinese Internet

Five minutes later you are DDos again...

Dead Vulture

hacked

so thats the reason why website didn't get attacked by chinese hackers yesterday....can we have some more today?

They didn't miss much then

Seeing as the Chinese can't actually access the 'real internet' and can only access a heavily censored semi internet i'm sure they didn't miss much, except maybe various pages showing the greatness of the communist party.

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

Happy :-)

Not for the attack, but for The Register to mention it; my Chinese G/F has been moaning at me about her favourite Chinese soaps not downloading for the past few days, and now I can blame China, not the (cr@p) UK internet structure.

Flame

I really hope it hit...

61.139.105.163 - that persistent bu@@er is hitting my home PC with port scans every day (except yesterday!)

Anonymous Coward

It is about time

... that China got a taste of its own medicine. I've got some persistant maniac trying to brute force one of my servers but any e-mail to their ISP or the police in their district doesn't get through.

I've got no way of complaining even to the Chinese police or the ISP about the abuse coming from China.

About time they started to suffer from their own hackers.

This topic is closed for new posts.