Ofcom, UK regulator of all things communicative, has announced a pay freeze. But with inflation running into the negative according to some measures, things could be worse. The Remuneration Committee apparently allowed for the current negative range of inflation when deciding on the freeze, which surely results in a real-terms …
how about purging some staff
... its not like ofcom are very useful or anything... just another quango / money pit for the taxpayer to pay for while ofcom's remit seems to amount to bending over for big business and government alike!!
"......ofcom's remit seems to amount to bending us over for big business and government alike!!"
Dont you mean "ofcom's remit seems to amount to bending *US* over for big business and government alike!!"?
Paris - because she knows how to give it up for the man
What about the FINES?
If OFCOM are so skint. What happened to all the money they keep fining for?
400 big ones
Thats how much the ex civil servant who kindly leaked information is getting. Not a bad reward and probably as good as the other ex civil service woman who did the dome.....
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370