A screenshot has popped up online that’s claimed to detail part of an upcoming Nokia operating system for internet tablets. Nokia_OS Apparently this UI could feature on a Nokia tablet next year Called “Maemo Harmattan”, the image reveals a vertically scrollable display of the OS’ “Organizer” menu and – according to a source …
Looks pretty fake to me. And the weird screenshot size is another clue. http://www.internettablettalk.com/ has more info on the next gen and is probably much more correct.
I'll buy it.
Fremantle is the next Maemo release, Harmattan is the version after Fremantle. Might still be fake however.
Late Next Year?
18 months from now? Nokia's habit of detailing their latest phones 6 months before availability is frustrating enough. Hands up everyone who's excited about products they might be able to buy a year and a half from now.
If Nokia doesn't hit a home run with their Ovi store (and soon) they'll likely be relegated to a low-end phone maker by then anyway.
Thank god it's not a phone
If the internet tablets were phones, they'd be restricted to death like the iPhone.
Buy it unsubsided
It's Nokia. Lowest restrictions of any phone, if you don't buy it from the telephone company. With subsided phones you pay to get screwed.
"Everione" - I get jokes!
.. do I get a prize?
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why