back to article Nokia's next-gen tablet OS uncovered?

A screenshot has popped up online that’s claimed to detail part of an upcoming Nokia operating system for internet tablets. Nokia_OS Apparently this UI could feature on a Nokia tablet next year Called “Maemo Harmattan”, the image reveals a vertically scrollable display of the OS’ “Organizer” menu and – according to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter D'Hoye
    Dead Vulture

Fake...

Looks pretty fake to me. And the weird screenshot size is another clue. http://www.internettablettalk.com/ has more info on the next gen and is probably much more correct.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll buy it.

It's black.

3. Neil
    Linux

@Fake

Fremantle is the next Maemo release, Harmattan is the version after Fremantle. Might still be fake however.

4. James Bell
    Unhappy

Late Next Year?

18 months from now? Nokia's habit of detailing their latest phones 6 months before availability is frustrating enough. Hands up everyone who's excited about products they might be able to buy a year and a half from now.

If Nokia doesn't hit a home run with their Ovi store (and soon) they'll likely be relegated to a low-end phone maker by then anyway.

5. Christian Berger

Thank god it's not a phone

If the internet tablets were phones, they'd be restricted to death like the iPhone.

6. Heikki Härkönen

Buy it unsubsided

It's Nokia. Lowest restrictions of any phone, if you don't buy it from the telephone company. With subsided phones you pay to get screwed.

7. DarkHorseDre

"Everione" - I get jokes!

.. do I get a prize?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like