NetApp announced late Wednesday it will acquire dedupe specialist Data Domain for $1.5 billion in cash and stock. The purchase will effectively spring NetApp to the forefront of vendors selling redundant-data-busting technology when the deal closes in an expected two to four months. NetApp said the company intends to run Data …
Watch out EMC...
Nice move for NTAP. They've been giving away the dedupe stuff they have, but were smart enough to buy the leader in the space. They have the best back-end dedupe boxes with this move, to better compete with EMC and cuddle up with Symantec. If they were to buy some backup and/or archiving software and they might give EMC a run for their money... too bad CommVault and DDUP had a lover's tiff.
Paris, because she's all about making the right play.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene