NetApp announced late Wednesday it will acquire dedupe specialist Data Domain for $1.5 billion in cash and stock. The purchase will effectively spring NetApp to the forefront of vendors selling redundant-data-busting technology when the deal closes in an expected two to four months. NetApp said the company intends to run Data …
Watch out EMC...
Nice move for NTAP. They've been giving away the dedupe stuff they have, but were smart enough to buy the leader in the space. They have the best back-end dedupe boxes with this move, to better compete with EMC and cuddle up with Symantec. If they were to buy some backup and/or archiving software and they might give EMC a run for their money... too bad CommVault and DDUP had a lover's tiff.
Paris, because she's all about making the right play.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph