back to article HP's servers and storage hit a wall in Q2

Hewlett-Packard reported its second quarter financial results for fiscal 2009 ended in April. Like other IT players, HP's server and storage sales were slammed by the economic downturn and intense price competition that is the result of the poor economy. The company's Enterprise Storage and Server group, which is trying to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Where is the bashing?

WHere is all the bashing? Matt Bryant! Somebody get Matt Bryant!!!

No wait --- this is HP.

2. Peter Hawkins
    Thumb Down

Why is this under Servers and not Channel

After all HP are now just a big reseller of other peoples IP.

"Invent"... my arse.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Flowers for Matt?

I assume someone will post where we can send flowers for Matt's funeral? It could be good for HP. With out him spreading FUD and nonsense, maybe people will consider buying from HP again?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

MB... LOL

Matt doesn't comment on bad news for HP. He only attacks others (Sun). Sun is all but gone, so he has to actually get a job now. Oh wait, that's right, he has a job, and people listen to him and respect his opinion... That's right Matt. People like you.

5. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

RE: Flowers for Matt?

Aw, thanks! But I think you'd best save your flowers and thoughts for all those Sunshiners getting their pink slips now from Ponytail, and the ones liable to be getting them once Larry starts whittling all the deadwood out of Sun's corpse. Oh, but then you'd proabbly be sending flowers to yourselves.

Face facts - hp is still going to make a profit this year, because hp makes profits when it is good times or bad. And hp's customers will still go on buying hp kit When was the last time Sun made a profit? Not even when Ponytail sold it. And who knows what kit will be available from Oracle next year?

/SP&L

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like