Hewlett-Packard's profits fell 17 per cent during the second quarter this year, thanks to slumping sales of PCs, printers, servers, and storage. Sales were essentially down everywhere except in HP's services biz, where the EDS acquisition is inflating figures quite nicely. The company also announced another round of layoffs. …
Dave Donatelli will be pleased that he'll have a challenge ahead of him, if he gets in. While he's on the back burner who is picking up his tab?
Wow only 1 comment
Only 1 comment since the story broke.
I guess with everyone has "left the building" or the evil empire HP-EDS has finally managed to kill off all the rebel staff and kick the contention out of those that are left.
I'm not sure what 2% means anymore with regard to work force reduction. There was once a time when that would have been significant. Possibly not anymore.
Does anyone know how customers are taking this? have any had savings passed onto them? Have HP-EDS started to execute their account rationalization plans (get rid of the problem customers and low value/hard to deliver services contracts) yet?
most of the customer don't even know that most of the helpdesk's are being shipped over to India etc either...
that staff that are left don't care and are way past being 'proactive' in their roles...they just wait for things to break.... and of course - the axe to fall...
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast