Intel has confirmed that its next-generation Atom processor, code-named Pineview, will include an on-chip memory controller and an integrated graphics processor. Echoing a processor roapmap leaked to the press in February, the company told reporters this morning that Pineview would arrive "in the second half of the year" as part …
"But it's unclear why Pine Trail is two words and Pineview is only one word"
I think they name them after rivers in northern California.
Popular name for nursing homes....
If the GPU is still not up to providing HD resolution video playback then I'm not interested.
This sounds like a way to kill the AMD ion in its cradle. Or at least force ion purchasers into buying an redundant intel gpu with every system.
I think they are named after rivers but not just in Northern California. The Nehalem, for example, is in Oregon.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook