Intel has confirmed that its next-generation Atom processor, code-named Pineview, will include an on-chip memory controller and an integrated graphics processor. Echoing a processor roapmap leaked to the press in February, the company told reporters this morning that Pineview would arrive "in the second half of the year" as part …
"But it's unclear why Pine Trail is two words and Pineview is only one word"
I think they name them after rivers in northern California.
Popular name for nursing homes....
If the GPU is still not up to providing HD resolution video playback then I'm not interested.
This sounds like a way to kill the AMD ion in its cradle. Or at least force ion purchasers into buying an redundant intel gpu with every system.
I think they are named after rivers but not just in Northern California. The Nehalem, for example, is in Oregon.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone