Intel has confirmed that its next-generation Atom processor, code-named Pineview, will include an on-chip memory controller and an integrated graphics processor. Echoing a processor roapmap leaked to the press in February, the company told reporters this morning that Pineview would arrive "in the second half of the year" as part …
"But it's unclear why Pine Trail is two words and Pineview is only one word"
I think they name them after rivers in northern California.
Popular name for nursing homes....
If the GPU is still not up to providing HD resolution video playback then I'm not interested.
This sounds like a way to kill the AMD ion in its cradle. Or at least force ion purchasers into buying an redundant intel gpu with every system.
I think they are named after rivers but not just in Northern California. The Nehalem, for example, is in Oregon.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps