A funny thing can happen to tech and business people on their holidays. Faced with the prospect of spending hours of free time with their families they find excuses to fire up the PC or get online, to make a head start on that project or to finally sort through their emails. Well, Microsoft lovers, you don't have to fake it this …
According to Net Applications Apple's OS share is on decrease again and still way off 10% of the market. Unless Apple reduce prices or produce a Netbook I don't see them getting much of a gain.
College Kids Buy Macs
The lost generation comment in the article refers to the fact that if Vista is still the default OS on PC laptops this autumn, Apple will stay the most popular laptop seller on campus in the states. Low spec white Macbooks with an iPod discount and an OS that doesn't suck as hard as Microsoft's "finest" are popular despite a price premium relative to power.
Why Paris? Because she's white, expensive and feeble minded too. Most freshmen wouldn't say no to her either.
Hmmmmm unpaid shills for corporate beta testing
Hmmmmm unpaid shills for corporate beta testing - in the never ending MS upgrade loop.
With 12 billion in profit - if they ain't paying, then I ain't playing.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide