Qualcomm is to support alternative platforms in its application store, Plaza Retail, while details of Microsoft's Marketplace emerge and Nokia's Ovi starts acting suspiciously. Qualcomm is to allow apps for competing platforms to be sold through its store in a move that acknowledges Brew's failure to conquer the world, while …
Deadbeat - new kids on the block
It's a little like watching Novell dying the 90's. Microsoft, Nokia and the rest have got to realise that their time at the top is over. Apple have got the high ground and will maintain it whilst Android will become the next Windows - albeit for the Mobile space. The rest are little more than an afterthought or something you';re father might use - tried to protect and screw customers for too long.
As patent holders, Qualcomm will prosper of course. Sucks but such is life. Perhaps we'll all end up using TD-SCDMA in the future like the Chinese. that would bury Qualcomm - which has to happen one day.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst