Qualcomm is to support alternative platforms in its application store, Plaza Retail, while details of Microsoft's Marketplace emerge and Nokia's Ovi starts acting suspiciously. Qualcomm is to allow apps for competing platforms to be sold through its store in a move that acknowledges Brew's failure to conquer the world, while …
Deadbeat - new kids on the block
It's a little like watching Novell dying the 90's. Microsoft, Nokia and the rest have got to realise that their time at the top is over. Apple have got the high ground and will maintain it whilst Android will become the next Windows - albeit for the Mobile space. The rest are little more than an afterthought or something you';re father might use - tried to protect and screw customers for too long.
As patent holders, Qualcomm will prosper of course. Sucks but such is life. Perhaps we'll all end up using TD-SCDMA in the future like the Chinese. that would bury Qualcomm - which has to happen one day.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK