Acer will finally launch its Gateway branded desktops and notebooks next week, and plans to launch servers and netbooks under the revived badge by the end of the year. The Taiwanese vendor announced in February that it was reviving the Gateway brand it acquired back in 2007, and said it would ship machines aimed at SMEs and …
Gateway is even still alive? I used to be a big fan, but their quality and management had been on a long downward spiral for some time until they finally got swallowed by Acer. Can't say I'd ever buy one again at this point.
Preloaded software to be axed
Research needed to form that opinion? He could've called me and I would happily have taken part in that one. Perhaps this represents a change in direction for Acer on preloaded software.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers