Acer will finally launch its Gateway branded desktops and notebooks next week, and plans to launch servers and netbooks under the revived badge by the end of the year. The Taiwanese vendor announced in February that it was reviving the Gateway brand it acquired back in 2007, and said it would ship machines aimed at SMEs and …
Gateway is even still alive? I used to be a big fan, but their quality and management had been on a long downward spiral for some time until they finally got swallowed by Acer. Can't say I'd ever buy one again at this point.
Preloaded software to be axed
Research needed to form that opinion? He could've called me and I would happily have taken part in that one. Perhaps this represents a change in direction for Acer on preloaded software.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!