Acer will finally launch its Gateway branded desktops and notebooks next week, and plans to launch servers and netbooks under the revived badge by the end of the year. The Taiwanese vendor announced in February that it was reviving the Gateway brand it acquired back in 2007, and said it would ship machines aimed at SMEs and …
Gateway is even still alive? I used to be a big fan, but their quality and management had been on a long downward spiral for some time until they finally got swallowed by Acer. Can't say I'd ever buy one again at this point.
Preloaded software to be axed
Research needed to form that opinion? He could've called me and I would happily have taken part in that one. Perhaps this represents a change in direction for Acer on preloaded software.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes