Feeds

back to article Sony pooh-poohs PS3 redesign claims

Rumours that a redesigned PlayStation 3 has been created are false, at least according to Sony. Over the past few days rumours began emerging online that the firm’s poised to unveil a new-look PS3 at the E3 games show in Los Angeles next month. This led many gamers to assume that a second-gen PS3 would see some of the console’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Horseshit

Its true, no way are these pics a mockup:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361611&page=4

Sony won't admit it though as anyone on the fence about buying one will hold off, drying up sales in the short-term. So much about the original PS3 internals has already been halved in size, and the media slots are long gone, and a price cut is required, and the new 45nm cell is about to go into full scale production next month.......many many more reasons.

Again, horseshit Sony, PS3-slim is coming this year, the same amount of time as it took for the PS2-slim to arrive after the original launch.

Anonymous Coward

PS3

Isn't most of the PS3's bulk heatsink and a massive fan? I guess you could have a smaller, noiser, more failure prone model. You could make it use laptop drives to save space internally too, I guess. I think it also took much longer in terms of the PS2's lifespan for the slimline model to surface.

Black Helicopters

Europe is Sony's bitch

Sony UK maybe aren't lying when they say they have "no plans for a redesigned PS3". However, that does not rule-out the imminent release of a new PS3 in Japan and the US while, as-per-usual, the UK and Europe have to take a big fat $on¥ todger up the poop-chute and wait at least a year for it to arrive here. (Though I'm sure you won't hear Mark complaining about it.)

Agree with Joe K

Those pics certainly look genuine.

Not surprised, they did it with the PS2 as already mentioned, and also with the PSX (remember the PSOne? Didn't sell amazingly well I don't think).

I might even get one, I'm moving ever closer towards buying a PS3 and a slimline one would be more attractive than the current behemoth.

Fake.

Cheap Chinese PS3 fake.

This topic is closed for new posts.