eBay has won a long-running court case brought by L'Oreal and other luxury brands which accused it of failing to do enough to stop sales of counterfeit goods on its site. For its part the auctioneer has always said it is willing to work with brands to protect their intellectual property but will not accept an active policing …
Fake stuff found on tat-bazzar...
Meanwhile, large mammal defecates in the woods....
Note that eBays refusal to do active policing did not do it any harm, whilst Craigslist seems to have capitulated on pretty much the same issue.....
What do they sell thats worth faking. Apart form a bit of shampoo?
@zerofool2005 - L'Oreal and Branding!
Thats the nail you hit: the shampoo has some real value. When the Brand value is 90% of the product cost, the generics have it easier.
- Apple way: legitimate is using Research&Design to keep ahead
- Hollywood foam: Litigious and less impressive is fighting for the look of the perfume bottle.
Ebay don't police their site properly
Ebay don't care anyway.
Most of the razor blades on there have been nicked from shops.
I've also seen poached plants on there - ebay don't do anything when you tell them.
Ah, you know why, of course..
.. it's because you're worth it..
Mine's the one smelling of roses :-)
I bet if i put some smartprice shampoo in a l'oreal bottle i could sell it as the branded stuff.
"I've also seen poached plants on there - ebay don't do anything when you tell them."
The right person needs to tell them. For copyright stuff, I have no special legal position - I say it's hooky, seller says it's legit - how can eBay decide? But if I report stuff to the appropriate VeRO, they can (and do) get stuff removed.
Posted anonymously, cos my name on here is too close to my eBay name!
What on earth ..... ?
I mean, if you take a big enough part of just about any plant and treat it with sufficient TLC, won't it end up growing into a clone of the original plant? And big enough to grow does not necessarily mean big enough for the gardener to notice, sometimes.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed