back to article LaCie's xbig products get bigger

External drive supplier LaCie has upgraded its NAS products with RAID-protected capacities up to 10TB and multimedia streaming, increasing viability for both home users and small businesses. The Ethernet-connected 2big Network model has two disk bays supporting up to 4TB of RAID-0 and -1 protected capacity. It has Active …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Dead Vulture

So....?

What's so new about this? QNAP for example has had this for almost a year, and at this moment already offers a 6-bay and 8-bay model supporting 12 and 16 TB respectively.

I thought the article would have read that LACIE *finally* introduces 10TB model....

And I don't think that you'll get any RAID protection if you want 10TB, since that is just 5x2TB in JBOD configuration (linear volume).

Silver badge
IT Angle

First of it's class?

"Its bigger relation is the 5-bay 5big Network, a desktop or floor box, offering up to 10TB of file storage with hot-swap drives. LaCie says this is a first for products of this class"

Unless they are referring to 5Bay NASs, which would be churlish, then I think Netgear would like to have a word with them - the readyNAS Pro is a six drive device that supports RAID0/1/5/10 and I think 6, and also has their own Raid system that allows hot swapping and hot expansion, iSCSI and SMB/NFS etc...

Works pretty well, inciedentally.

Steven RR

Alert

Well they would say that..

offering up to 10TB of file storage with hot-swap drives. LaCie says this is a first for products of this class.

So that means that the QNAP 509 is in a different class?? I wouldn't have thought so...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums