Vodafone is set to announce a standard set of APIs, allowing third parties to create applications integrated with Vodafone servers around the world, including tapping the operator's billing system for micropayments. In an announcement billed as (yet again) "redefining the mobile internet," Vodafone is unveiling a set of standard …
Oh My God!
Another way for scammers and thieves to skim money from your mobile phone account.
It's bad enough that Vodafone allow premium rate text message thieves to take money from your account by the simple act of sending you a text message that you never asked for or authorised in any way. Now they're going to give them an API for the billing system!
... before the first malware app that takes "advantage" of this then? ;-)
I've never used vodafone
And never will now as Frank has said above this sounds like a scammers dream come true.
Irs kind of like Mervyn King opening the vaults at the Bank of England and shouting 'come and geddit'
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it