Vodafone is set to announce a standard set of APIs, allowing third parties to create applications integrated with Vodafone servers around the world, including tapping the operator's billing system for micropayments. In an announcement billed as (yet again) "redefining the mobile internet," Vodafone is unveiling a set of standard …
Oh My God!
Another way for scammers and thieves to skim money from your mobile phone account.
It's bad enough that Vodafone allow premium rate text message thieves to take money from your account by the simple act of sending you a text message that you never asked for or authorised in any way. Now they're going to give them an API for the billing system!
... before the first malware app that takes "advantage" of this then? ;-)
I've never used vodafone
And never will now as Frank has said above this sounds like a scammers dream come true.
Irs kind of like Mervyn King opening the vaults at the Bank of England and shouting 'come and geddit'
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers