With summer just around the corner, what’s the geekiest way to keep cool? It could just be the Solar Hat Fan. Solar_Hat_Fan The Solar Hat Fan: parents can be so cruel The eco-friendly gadget does exactly what it says on the tin: keeps you cool, by sourcing the juice to run its fan blades directly from the sun’s warming glow …
Hold on, since when was making throwaway junk eco-friendly!
What happens to the cadmium and gallium in the photovoltaic cell when it gets chucked? What about the energy used in manufacture?
I had one of these when I was 10.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS