Chip designer and erstwhile maker Advanced Micro Devices will support a bunch of Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instructions, part of the family of extended Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions for x64 chips that Intel announced last year. The move, announced today, will make AMD's Opteron, Athlon, and Turion …
*blink blink* *yawn*. fast math. *yawn* yay. *sleep*
dreams of Paris
You forgot something
What? No mention that AVX is the underpinning of Larrabee and hence a crossover from GPGPU?
Spell check *
Althon should be Athlon
Is that paris the city or the spoiled rich annoying blond chick?
I am more conerned about faster boot times.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way