Chip designer and erstwhile maker Advanced Micro Devices will support a bunch of Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instructions, part of the family of extended Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions for x64 chips that Intel announced last year. The move, announced today, will make AMD's Opteron, Athlon, and Turion …
*blink blink* *yawn*. fast math. *yawn* yay. *sleep*
dreams of Paris
You forgot something
What? No mention that AVX is the underpinning of Larrabee and hence a crossover from GPGPU?
Spell check *
Althon should be Athlon
Is that paris the city or the spoiled rich annoying blond chick?
I am more conerned about faster boot times.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat