Chip designer and erstwhile maker Advanced Micro Devices will support a bunch of Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instructions, part of the family of extended Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions for x64 chips that Intel announced last year. The move, announced today, will make AMD's Opteron, Athlon, and Turion …
*blink blink* *yawn*. fast math. *yawn* yay. *sleep*
dreams of Paris
You forgot something
What? No mention that AVX is the underpinning of Larrabee and hence a crossover from GPGPU?
Spell check *
Althon should be Athlon
Is that paris the city or the spoiled rich annoying blond chick?
I am more conerned about faster boot times.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest