Chip designer and erstwhile maker Advanced Micro Devices will support a bunch of Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instructions, part of the family of extended Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions for x64 chips that Intel announced last year. The move, announced today, will make AMD's Opteron, Athlon, and Turion …
*blink blink* *yawn*. fast math. *yawn* yay. *sleep*
dreams of Paris
You forgot something
What? No mention that AVX is the underpinning of Larrabee and hence a crossover from GPGPU?
Spell check *
Althon should be Athlon
Is that paris the city or the spoiled rich annoying blond chick?
I am more conerned about faster boot times.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer