Chip designer and erstwhile maker Advanced Micro Devices will support a bunch of Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instructions, part of the family of extended Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) instructions for x64 chips that Intel announced last year. The move, announced today, will make AMD's Opteron, Athlon, and Turion …
*blink blink* *yawn*. fast math. *yawn* yay. *sleep*
dreams of Paris
You forgot something
What? No mention that AVX is the underpinning of Larrabee and hence a crossover from GPGPU?
Spell check *
Althon should be Athlon
Is that paris the city or the spoiled rich annoying blond chick?
I am more conerned about faster boot times.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs