Mafia-busting Italian magistrates have launched a major investigation into crooked windfarm projects in Sicily, according to reports. It is suggested that large sums in government support have been collected for wind power stations which in many cases produce no electricity. The Financial Times reported on the green energy …
Are you sure abou that figure?
£160 per KWh equates to 3 orders of magnitude over the going rate - are you sure that's not meant to read MWh, which is the unit of normally used in energy production? That would make the rate of payments more like 1.6 times the average which is a much more sensible incentive...
Italy has a very strong system of incentives for wind power....
Something about sharing a bed with a horse heads springs to mind..
Mines the stab/bullet/bombproof one with Godfather Pts 1, 2 and 3 in the pocket
(AC as I'm allergic to threats...)
Looks like a nice little turner
But the £160 per kWhr that the FT quotes seems more likely to be £160 per kW - presumably peak installed capacity.
Elliott Ness when you need him?
Good to see the mob has moved on from dispensing moonshine liquor to the moonshine of wind farming. When they see what a dead loss wind generation is, someone'll be for the long drop.
Come on Paree, we can make it...
“The south has wind and sun but no proper rules,” he complains.
So, just like the US, then.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default