Juniper Networks has announced what it refers to as its "next generation network infrastructure for the distributed enterprise" - meaning four new services gateways in its SRX series and a new line of EX series Ethernet switches. The company makes some bold claims about its new offerings. First, it says that one of the new …
10gig is there..
After I saw this I went to the site, they have firewalls that go all the way up to 120Gbps of throughput and 300,000+ connections per second. Last time I looked I don't recall seeing anything that could go nearly that fast! That particular high end firewall has 4x10Gbps ports and 40x1Gbps ports.
The lowest end firewall I see with 10gig is the SRX3400 which has 2x10Gbps ports and 32x1Gbps ports
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip