Juniper Networks has announced what it refers to as its "next generation network infrastructure for the distributed enterprise" - meaning four new services gateways in its SRX series and a new line of EX series Ethernet switches. The company makes some bold claims about its new offerings. First, it says that one of the new …
10gig is there..
After I saw this I went to the site, they have firewalls that go all the way up to 120Gbps of throughput and 300,000+ connections per second. Last time I looked I don't recall seeing anything that could go nearly that fast! That particular high end firewall has 4x10Gbps ports and 40x1Gbps ports.
The lowest end firewall I see with 10gig is the SRX3400 which has 2x10Gbps ports and 32x1Gbps ports
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?