IBM is incorporating STEC Zeus solid state drives into its DS8000 storage arrays and its Power Series servers and direct-attach storage (DAS). IBM will be the first to market with STEC's Zeus IOPS SAS interface SSD. IBM Power Series servers will offer faster I/O response rates than servers relying solely on hard disk drives. " …
IBM not first with STEC SSDs in servers
Check with the folks over at Sun - they've been using STEC SSDs in their servers for a while (well, if Thumper qualifies as a Server, that is).
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!