A temporary injunction issued in a Massachusetts courts stops EMC leaver David Donatelli starting work at HP today. Donatelli was running EMC's Information Systems business and had overseen its Symmetrix V-Max launch last month, when he abruptly resigned to join HP and run its server, storage and networking businesses, which …
And who makes money in the meantime?
CEO: <pausing, pen held over new director's contract> "So, you're confidant this non-compete clause will save our company money and not just keep you lawyers busy?"
LAWYER: <rubbing hands together like a fly and grinning nervously> "Of course, don't you know we do these things because we love the company?"
CEO: <makes his mark in an illegible scrawl on the contract>
LAWYER: <turns to winged monkey HR minions> "To the bank, my sweets, we have more blood to drain before nightfall!"
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...