A temporary injunction issued in a Massachusetts courts stops EMC leaver David Donatelli starting work at HP today. Donatelli was running EMC's Information Systems business and had overseen its Symmetrix V-Max launch last month, when he abruptly resigned to join HP and run its server, storage and networking businesses, which …
And who makes money in the meantime?
CEO: <pausing, pen held over new director's contract> "So, you're confidant this non-compete clause will save our company money and not just keep you lawyers busy?"
LAWYER: <rubbing hands together like a fly and grinning nervously> "Of course, don't you know we do these things because we love the company?"
CEO: <makes his mark in an illegible scrawl on the contract>
LAWYER: <turns to winged monkey HR minions> "To the bank, my sweets, we have more blood to drain before nightfall!"
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON