The Beastie sent up FreeBSD 7.2 today, topping off the recent bout of major BSD releases last week. FreeBSD 7.2 mostly includes functionality updates and a few bug fixes, although there's a handful of new features baked inside too, such as improved memory management with superpages. The OS's virtual memory subsystem now …
Not another Linux release!
Mine's the one with the "Windup's 101" paperback and a torrented ISO of Server 2008 in the pockets.
FreeBSD is not a Linux distro
It's a descendant of the Berkeley Software Distribution. The first version of FreeBSD was released in 1979, the Linux kernel was introduced in 1991. You'd be amazed how much FreeBSD code is used in other OSes. Some call it the "Unknown Giant".
My OS of choice :-)
What's the point?
Downloaded PC-BSD to give it a try, but when I tried to install iTunes and XP Antispyware 2009 on it, all I got was a bunch of errors. What crap!
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it